AAA Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A big thumbs up to Alex, Matt, and Capt. Christopher for helping my wife and I complete our AOW certs in one of the most beautiful places on earth this past weekend.

I have to say that it was an awesome experience having what amounted to almost a private charter (5 divers + 1 instructor and 1 divemaster on the boat for two days). Gotta love having a 36' boat and not being jammed in like sardines.

Also a big thank you to Alex for knowing exactly which sites to go to find the cool stuff (sharks, eagle rays, turtles, etc.), and for helping get my wife past the "I don't want to dive deep" hurdle that she was stuck on.

Which brings up a funny story. While diving on the San Pedro wreck, we could see the entire wreck sitting on the bottom from the surface. We descended the anchor line to the stern of the wreck and Alex motioned for my wife to buddy up with him and follow him. They swam down to the sand at the bow of the boat and he motioned for her to check her computer. You should have seen the look on her face when she saw it reading 100'. Priceless.

We then swam up to the deck of the wreck and looked down into the interior through the largest hole on the deck and there were two White Tips snoozing below deck. The female (~6 ft. long) started swimming around and actually came outside the wreck and swam around for a little bit. The male (~ 5 ft. long) stayed below deck swimming around. What an awesome experience to see the two of them, such beautiful creatures. On our ascent, while hanging on our safety stop, we were entertained by the sea turtles swimming all around us and coming up for air then diving back down again. All in all this is my favorite dive to date!

We also dove the YO-257, the Sea Tiger, Turtle Canyons, and Kewalo Pipe (where we saw a 2 foot long baby White Tip Reef shark :D ).

I can't think of a more enjoyable experience all while demonstrating the skills and passing our AOW certifications.

Thank you AAA!

Glad you had a good time!

Too bad you couldn't join us on Monday for our SB Get Together, maybe next time!

Yes, Lisa, I was bummed you folks were doing the get-together on Monday. Our plane left Monday evening, and I had already booked some surface activities for our last day there. I really wish we could have gone and at least met the O'Hana crew. Maybe next time.

Well let me know next time and we can maybe do a lunch or dinner - we can always get a few together on short notice :wink:

What topside stuff did you do?

We rented a car and drove around the Island, did a bunch of snorkelling off Waikiki beach and Hunauma Bay, lounging on the beach, the obligatory shopping for souvineers for our house-sitters, and on the last day my wife and I got a couple's massage to relax us before getting on the plane for the 7 hour flight home. That, and of course, two days of doing our AOW certification dives.

All in all it was a very enjoyable trip.

Oh, and I almost forgot, the side-trip over to Leonard's Bakery for Malasadas and Coconut Strudel for breakfast! :D

Glad you enjoyed your visit and diving with AAA. There is a reason I play capt and inst for AAA only. I just realy like the operation.

Back
Top Bottom