A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI -

I was told today that the Mac+DiverLog+A300CS should be functioning this Friday or at the latest next Monday.

This was an Aeris Rep. Something to do with an USB profile issue.

It apparently isnt a problem for all Mac users....

Anyone up and running?

I am not up and running yet. However I have been working with Pelagicnet on this issue. Pelagic was able to remote into my Mac and discovered that the update was changing something to do with the USB.

Pelagic has sent me a file to download and update my system. I have not tried it yet, but I will tomorrow.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using Tapatalk

If it ends up working for you would you be willing to share that file? I still haven't been able to connect mine...

Ok, we have a new version for you to download and install on your Mac. Just use the link below to download the software. Once you have it installed give it a try and see if you can download from the unit. Let me know if it works or not.

It didn't work. It was almost there, then it locked up. The techs and I are going to do another test later today. They will remote into my computer to see what is going on with the file and my computer.

That's unfortunate...hopefully they get things fixed soon! I did the Firmware update on my PC at work and will probably change my settings there as well. Less than thrilled to have to do that, but it's a band-aid for now...since I spent $37 on companion software that doesn't work yet.

On another note, I read somewhere about a screen protector and a new bungee strap band. Are those things that are a myth, in the works for later production runs, or something that will also be available (possibly for a discounted price) to early adopters?

On another note, I read somewhere about a screen protector and a new bungee strap band. Are those things that are a myth, in the works for later production runs, or something that will also be available (possibly for a discounted price) to early adopters?

Yes I understand that their will be a bungee, actually I think up in the thread somewhere Doug Krause put up pictures on what it will look like. However, I do have a screen protector that I got from my LDS after AERIS sent them to the shops after the first DC's had already been shipped.

Have you tried the screen protector in water? I just wonder if something that is applied wet can stay on in the water.
I have not applied it yet. Which side goes next to the screen, the clear or brown backing? The instructions were not clear on this.

Yes I understand that their will be a bungee, actually I think up in the thread somewhere Doug Krause put up pictures on what it will look like. However, I do have a screen protector that I got from my LDS after AERIS sent them to the shops after the first DC's had already been shipped.

Have you tried the screen protector in water? I just wonder if something that is applied wet can stay on in the water.
I have not applied it yet. Which side goes next to the screen, the clear or brown backing? The instructions were not clear on this.

Yes I used it on two dives. I know it seems counter intuitive, but it works. I find it in the sun a little hard to read and that includes underwater as well.

Just follow the instructions that came with it,and yes I put the brown paper side down. I hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom