A Year In Review.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
A Year In Review….

Well, 2006 is almost over.

It has been a wild ride this year. This is not what I would have classified as a good health year. In Jan I was in Oahu training some troops and my back went out. For 5 days I walked …and taught classes….bent over at a 45 degree angle. It at least got better before I had to suffer the long flight home. Also, I did manage to get one two tanker in before the back went out.

Then, a couple weeks after getting back, I had to deploy to Europe for a while and got the worse case of bronchitis my doc had ever seen. My workmate got it too. During the training his nose would just start to bleed and he would have to leave the podium and I finish his class. The troops kept their distance from us that deployment.

Got home, got well and was sent back to Europe. Got sick again. Same thing…. bronchitis. If you have never had that stuff, consider yourself lucky.

Came back home and thought all was well after having a month or two where I could breath …and then ….next thing I know, chest pains. (Did my warrantee run out?????) After a crazy couple of months and more tests than you can shake a stick at…..I get the normal diagnosis….Don’t have a clue what is wrong, but your heart is fine. Live with it.

A couple more deployments….lots of troop training…..and finally….yea finally… it is vacation time.

This was my daughter’s 30th birthday year so I took her (and hubby) to Barbados with me and my GF. We all had a ball. Got in some great diving , did a lot of dancing, even got my daughter to try snorkeling…and she loved it. This is from a kid who HATES to get wet.

A couple weeks after returning from vacation had a major low period. My father passed away. He was a true warrior. An actual Cavalry soldier, original member of the First Special Service Force of WW II and so much more. The funeral went well.

Then, one of my workmates manages to infect and give all of us at work the flu. Gotta love him because it is against the law to kill him….although it was discussed (as he does this to us every year) and we were confident with all our training we could do him in and no one ever find the body….or any of its parts. Oh well, gotta have a fantasy or two.

Just as I get well from that I manage to dang near slice off my left index finger with a butcher knife. Man that still hurts and hasn’t totally healed up yet.

All that is left of this year is to figure out what to get my GF for Xmas. I don’t have a clue. I was thinking.....break up with her now....get back together mid January. Hey, its a plan.

With all that you would think I would be deeply depressed.

Not really….ok….maybe for a few minutes every now and then. But I really appreciate all that I have and all who I know and all that I have done and all that I plan to do.

Life can be a bear sometimes. And, you know the saying…..Sometimes you get the bear ….and sometimes the bear gets you. I think most of the time, I get the bear.

If you see me on here 9 January 2007, then you will know I have made it to another birthday. If not, its been great y’all. Keep on diving, have fun, thank a Vet occasionally and try to be nice to others.

Life can be interesting at times, can’t it?

rich

Amen.
let's hope next year will be better

Back
Top Bottom