A way to expand screen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jomcclain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been watching my latest videos made with GoPro Hero 8 and am frustrated by how often the subjects leave the screen. When I’m making videos underwater, I often can’t look closely enough at the GoPro screen to tell when the subject has gone above or below the edges of the view. I keep the view on Wide. Does anyone have suggestions? Is there any sort of larger view screen that I could add on to the camera? Or a different setting with the camera?

I'm not aware of an addon screen for Gopro. That's an option on some high end pro gear.

You can cruise over to Backscatter and browse their wide-angle lenses for Gopro that will increase your field of view. My advice is simple - increase your distance from the subject and shoot in a higher resolution so you can crop. At what distance are you shooting where this is an issue?

Back
Top Bottom