A Trip to the Chamber...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hopefully this will be the only reason why I need to take a trip to the chamber...

Come join the Sea Lancers Diving Club on July 19th at 7pm for a field trip to the MDSU Decompression Chamber immediately following our General Membership meeting.

Next month we will be visited by Jimmy Kikuchi from DLNR to talk to us about hunting and fishing news in our lovely state of Hawaii... essentially I think of it as how to keep my dive-gear when I retrieve a lobster.

Actually, you are more than welcome to show. All you need to do is find a member of the military (preferably a non-member) and have them take you to the meeting. Not only can they get you to the meetings, but if they become a Sea Lancer they can hook you up on some club dives!

A few years ago there used to be a Hawaii Council of Dive Clubs. Does anyone know what happened to that?

HCDC probably just fizzled out. For years while I was out there, they kinda went through the motions of being an organization but without doing much. Sea Lancers and Pearl Divers were mainstays in terms of providing bodies for beach cleanups, but almost all of the local clubs quietly vanished. The last location of Pearl Divers was on the Sub Base in Admiral Nimitz's old base office that overlooked the harbor. It was close to CINCPACFLT up at Makalapa and he liked to watch the massive battle fleets coming and going to the Pacific theater of operations. Although it was supposed to be a landmark, it was razed for the SIMA there.
The Deco Chamber on Auahi Street was the last meeting spot for HCDC - Frank Farm was great about providing space for their monthly meetings. My ex was big in that organization.

Back
Top Bottom