A TORCH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS is carrying these. They have 2 ‘stubby’ lights (likely TC01, TC05, and/or TC07) and a smaller skinny light - TC03. I think I saw. They seem really nice and the smaller one has every feature I’m looking for in a light. I’d feel better about spending $90 if there were more reports.

The magnetic slide switch has a lot of variability - not quite ‘infinitely adjustable’ but there is lots of adjustment between high and low power. USB charging for the smaller unit which I believe was bout 260-280 lumens. The larger lights had 12v car chargers and wall chargers.

The switch also can be externally removed and reversed, which prevents accidental power-on while not in use.

The charging port is on the end of the light, enclosed with a cap and 2 o-rings. The instructions note to dry out the charging port after diving to prevent corrosion.

XS Scuba has a line of lights that look and have ‘remarkably similar’ specs to A-Torch:
Lights.

ATorch CV01 = XS LT100
ATorch TC06 = XS LT360
ATorch TC03 = XS LT350*
*The specs for the ATorch TC03 vary slightly on every site that sells them.

“Body is too long’ depends on the model. The 3 I saw in person were all shorter than the width of my palm.

I don’t know about using the slide switches underwater, but it’s nice to be able to get really low light at night. Most dive lights I see/use underwater at night are too bright.

The switches can be removed and reversed, making them inactive when not in use.

I was specifically talking about the one lucca linked to.

Too long for comfortable use mounted on the back of my hand.

Slide switches are too easy (for me) to have turn on by accident.

I just got a Tovarec torch. The quality felt much nicer to me - nicer finish and machining.

Back
Top Bottom