A+ to Pescador775

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underboats

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all your compressor tips. My Walter Kidde is now running great. I have about 20 hours on it now. Saved me about $4k, and the challenge was fun. If not for your "stuck piston" post a few years ago I would never have solved my problem as I can't locate a manual for that specific unit. If you venture down the bay give me a yell and go anchor hunting with us on the artificial reef's. I'll even fill your tanks when were finished. Thanks for your help!!

Chuck Hyde
Underboats Inc.
Gloucester, VA.
www.underboats.com

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Not everybody "gets it" but you hung in there.
Dennis

Hey, Chuck; I'll slip down your way sometime. If nothing else, I would like to see your compressor. Meanwhile, it would be really great if you could explain the setup to the board and hopefully attach some pics. Questions and answers are floated on Scubaboard about do-it-yourself compressor installations but I don't recall seeing a Kidde driven by hydraulics. You might include some of your findings about the hp requirement for the 2 cfm Kidde, the hydraulic motor and its plumbing, and why you chose that route.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom