A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reason 89: You can get a haircut for 60 Baht (2 US$).

REALLY? I've been going to the same guy for 3 1/2 yrs and it's 100B. Others on the island wanted 150. I thought I got a bargain. Lanta was 150 to 200!

I only want my head shaved. How labor intensive is that (and yes, I bought my own clippers to do it myself, but after the 2nd pair broke, I gave up)?

Last edited:
I only want my head shaved. How labor intensive is that (and yes, I bought my own clippers to do it myself, but after the 2nd pair broke, I gave up)?
Maybe it's capital intensive. :wink:

REALLY? I've been going to the same guy for 3 1/2 yrs and it's 100B. Others on the island wanted 150. I thought I got a bargain. Lanta was 150 to 200!

I've been going for years to Phuket Town for a hair-cut and currently pay 80 Baht.
In Trang it's only 60 Baht for adults and 40 Baht for kids.

Not sure how you managed to break 2 pairs of clippers.
You were only shaving hair with it weren't you?

Reason 90: You can go to Koh Chang ("Elephant Island") close to the border with Cambodia and go daytrip scuba diving and ride an elephant on the same day.

Reason 91: You can go diving at the remote and hardly dived site "Losin" in the Gulf of Thailand close to the Malaysian border and with a bit of luck see a whale shark, manta ray or shovel nose ray.

Reason 92: You can go and dive the mucky islets, reefs and rocks off Pattani and Narathiwat in the Gulf of Thailand and find yourself on reefs littered with unexploded ordnance (previous Royal Thai Navy exercise area) with here and there some marine-life as well.

Reason 93: You can do a daytrip dive tour from an authentic (noisy) Thai longtail boat.

One time while doing a scuba dive at 'Turtles Ledge' , Surins Islands, our Moken longtail boat captain/guide was free diving with us going down to nearly 20 meters deep.

One time while doing a scuba dive at 'Turtles Ledge' , Surins Islands, our Moken longtail boat captain/guide was free diving with us going down to nearly 20 meters deep.

Yes, the Moken are pretty amazing people. It's a shame that by many people they are still somewhat treated as second-rate citizens.

There is an interesting article about them at CDNN :: Moken Sea Gypsies: Seeing Underwater

Back
Top Bottom