A snoot for SnS DJ2 strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all, is there a snoot available for this flash? I have had a look around but found nothing.

Assuming you mean Sea & Sea YS-D2J, there is a 10Bar snoot that mounts on YS-D1 and YS-D2

Note that YS-D series strobes have an offset modeling light, which makes using it for aiming problematic. There is a Sea & Sea snoot for YS-D3 that uses an internal prism to align it with the main lamp, but it doesn't fit the earlier strobes, hence the aiming laser. However, the laser has a bit of its own issue - some marine life, such as shrimp, are known to sometimes chase the laser spot.

Thanks very much I had ignored it as I thought it was for an Inon. It is out of stock in Australia and no stock coming.

and there is the Retra LSD
There is, but the offset modeling light on YS-D1/D2 as well as Inon Z-240/Z-330 makes it a nightmare to use, which is why I didn't mention it, even though I own one and quite like it (I use it on a Retra Pro). With those offset modeling lights, you need a snoot that does its own aiming spot.

Back
Top Bottom