A Sacred Place In Our Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0267-1.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

I knew you would make those shots come out awsome. Im sure thay will mean a great deal to his family. Thanks C

That fireboat is something else, Brian. They sprayed us and it was like a zillion fire hydrants. It got all over the boat......I told Al on the way back, when he told me he put my cell below "oh well, at least it was fresh water".........uh, and he looked at me like.......no.

I guess it is sea water, yes?

Of course it's sea water. I think you need a pelican case or something. Fire boats look cool but in reality they seldom get used. One of the neigbhor departments in Alaska has an 18 RIB with an inboard jet that has an adapter for a 2 1/2 monitor off the main engine. A little thrust to keep the boat in place and the rest of the power of a small block engine pushing water. I dont know that it has ever been used either.
Mind if I share your pics on my medic/ff forum?

yea, sure. I have another cool one I was looking at more closely this morning , this one is when the showering water is coming down on the celebration, and the surfers have their arms in the air, almost like spirits.

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

Those are awsome! Will you do that for me too? Oh yea, and the sea water thing?

Capt Joey just told me that because I was underwater, I missed some things.....full rainbow from the water spray the fire department was shooting huge plumes, and dolphins leaping....wow, huh?

he told me he got on the radio and alerted "watch for diver in the water"....I was praying down there because the whine of the props....all those circling boats was making me queazy, props spinning everywhere and my inflator started sticking again. So..finally I grabbed a guy's leash that was hanging down for a bit because as long as I stayed close to them, I figured I wouldn't get minced. That would be bad form to screw up a guys funeral by putting yourself in a prop. (eye roll)

Palau Al drove my boat pretty well. He drives /pulls banana boats all day, so he has the circling herding, watching down.
Nobody tied off, so all boats were motoring. I think even Joey thought maybe it wasn't the best idea to get in the water.

yea, I would also like a "seeing off" like this one. His best friend told me (Rob, Atlantis)---well, you were there on the dock as he described the image he wanted. "most people envision you going up to heaven, I'd like to see *it* from the depth of the ocean" I was pretty touched by his description.

You're never going to see everything. Perhaps others got pics of the stuff you missed so you can see them.

Prolly wasn't the best idea to be in the water, but you survived and got some amazing shots. Totally different perspective.

I think we divers have the inside track. We know where heaven really is!:)

Incredible shots, Catherine, thanks for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom