A recall is a recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

true:
Thank you for reminding people to pay attention to the recall. I would also like to urge anyone out there holding on to first generation inflators to contact their local Halcyon dealer or Halcyon tech services (techservices@halcyon.net) to arrange for a replacement of the recalled device.

Hi Anthony, thank you for chiming in. Reminding people of the issue is indeed what I had in mind. As I wrote, I had all but forgotten about it...

I'm looking forward to receiving the new inflator, but I understand it may take a while (up to 3 weeks, I was told. I'm not sure wether that's due to Halcyon or my dive shop, though ...). People sending in their unit from Europe should take that into consideration.

Every major scuba manfucturer has had a recall of somekind in the last few years. Lucky you noticed the problem before it became a "life or death" situation. Many recalls envolve just having the shop taking a look at the gear to see if your have an effected model while others require 100% return for refitting. Like you I might have continued to dive with the BC if it showed no problems. If it had been a regulator recall I would have had it in the shop the next day. Good luck on your diving and hope you don't have anymore equipment malfuctions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom