A question for the iPhone and iTouch geeks

Would you jailbreak in order to use a dive app or accessory?

• Hells yeah!

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Probably, but reluctantly.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I'd really have to think about it.

• NO!

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Only if you haven't done so already and have been reluctant to...

If the right dive related accessory and/or app came along, and required it, would you be willing to jailbreak?

I definitely would not jailbreak for a dive app, maybe an accessory depending on what it is. I've jailbroken my iPhone 4, 3GS and iPad and jailbreaking is losing its relevance for me. What do you have in mind? App approval systems are so much more lenient now, I'd be surprised if a dive app couldn't be approved in the official app store.

I agree to a point. But as long as Apple and AT&T want to only offer subscription based GPS app, it will never use it relevance. That and tethering.

I agree to a point. But as long as Apple and AT&T want to only offer subscription based GPS app, it will never use it relevance. That and tethering.

motionX gps, TomTom, mapquest, navigon... All non-subscription gps apps. I have an iPad with unlimited data and wifi is overly abundant, so tethering has become less relevant for me.

Not all free, and Mapquest is horrible. But since I don't have a car, not a big deal anymore anyway. Google is getting really good anyway. Same here. I have a booster, but easier to just plug the phon in most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom