A place to get certified in East Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do check-out dives in Terrell, TX. I'm not familiar with a dive shop near there. But I wouldn't think that if we can drive 1 hour east to do the check out dives, it wouldn't be that difficult for you to drive 1 hour west for the pool work. :D

If you don't mind driving to Carrolton, TX, send me a message and we can get you hooked up.

That's not too far from Tyler.

Divers Depot has a store in Tyler (I think).

Or, if you wanted to, you could come to any number of places in the Dallas Metroplex.

TwoBit

You Might Call The Athens Scuba Park In Athens Or Clear Springs In Terrell And Ask Them Where The Closest Dive Shop Is. That Is Where You Wold Do The Open Water Any Way. Tom

Scuba Steve's in Tyler is going to be pretty close to you, and from everything I hear he's a pretty good instructor. I know several folks who use his LDS and have taken classes from him, and they all really like the guy. Give him a call at 903-593-7033 and visit with him. Foo is a student of his, and gives him pretty high marks.

If you want to save some money you can take it at Eastfield college for $60. The instructors name is Ken Balvin and he uses aqua adventures for the gear rental which is $55 fr the entire semester (including when you go to the lake) Or you can spend four times as much and go to a dive shop.

I drove a little more than an hour each way to take lessons at ScubaSteves in Tyler. I definately feel like it was worth it. I took lessons from a PADI instructor first, and ended up finishing with S.S. and got my NAUI certification. He can do either cert. You will do your pool sessions at Tyler Jr. College. Steve will go the extra mile to have a satisfied customer, that's his greatest attribute. Last weekend, they moved to a larger shop in the same shopping center, Green Acres. website: http://www.scubastevesadventures.com/.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom