A Pattern Breaking Title To Differentiate My Introduction From Others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the dive world!

On another note, sounds like youd also be a good fit for firefighting. Not sure what the volunteer scene is like where you are, but you might want to look into it :thumb:
It's all paid around here, 22/24hr, need the secondary education(para cert, FF cert). It is funny that you bring it up though man, really good insight you pulled. I am currently stacking patient care hours in a different field :wink:

A Group from Madison? I have been looking into a lot of the schools/instructors in WI/MN/ area. There is a group in Madison, Diversions, the owner there seems to know her ****. At least by the resume posted, IE was awarded the Sheck Exely back in '08, women's HOF Diver etc etc. Among 3 pages of others haha. I'm still a lot of dives out from being eligible for that training, hopefully she still in the teaching game.

Yep, Diversions is my “local” dive shop even though I’m two hours away. The owner is my tech/cave instructor. She’s a gem.

Yeah, everyone (here) seems to always recommend gear that will be applicable to tech diving, when normally I think the advice makes little sense for the typical person starting out.

However, in your case, sounds like you know what you want to do, so pay A LOT of attention to buying the right gear ONCE.

Tech diving is expensive with respect to time, training costs and specialized gear. I would search far and wide for a suitable local mentor, who might be able to help you make as few mis-steps as possible on your new venture. Good Luck!
Hey, appreciate the input. I am definitely trying to pay my due diligence with gear purchases, going bp/w for sure. As far as local mentors, will have to just see how that pans out. Hoping to find some decent like-minded people but if I have to go it alone then so be it.

Yep, Diversions is my “local” dive shop even though I’m two hours away. The owner is my tech/cave instructor. She’s a gem.
ahh cool, glad to hear that she's solid. I'm still a ways away from that level of training, hopefully she is still training when I am ready.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom