A NEW SPECIALTY - LETS DISCUSS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I just completed this course. We were the first to take the class on Guam. There are several wrecks and deeper sites here on Guam that are pretty deep giving you very minimal bottom time even with EANx28 so we wanted to extend our dives without making the massive investment into the tech world. The course required us to carry a 40cuft deco bottle with 40% nitrox and a slate to write down our planned dive parameters.

Overall the course was exactly what I wanted. We learned how to set up a stage bottle, how to do min gas calculations in both imperial and metric, how to do gas switches on our computers, how to don/doff the deco bottle in the water.

With this certification you are only allowed to accumulate up to 15 minutes of deco obligation and you have to plan all dives to be able to complete everything using only your back gas. The thought of 60 minute deco stops does not interest me at all so I thought this course would be a good way to improve my recreational diving without too much investment.

Was training for strict buoyancy control, different fins kicks, gas sharing included in the training at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom