A new season of pond scum cataloging..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iguana Don

Reaction score
I know all of you research scientist have been waiting for Dee's and my report on this year's pond scum expeditions, so here is the latest.

Last year you may remember Dee & I were perfecting our methane powered scooter. I am pleased to say all is going well and should be on the market soon.

For those of you that don't remember.
We have invented the world's first methane powered scooter (Patent #BR549). It's powered by a readily available product lying around most farm ponds. It only has one moving part, a piston.

You know that when you compress a substance or gas, heat is a by-product. By filling the chamber with this "reaedily available product" and then compressing it, a heated gas is given offand expelled out the back. Kinda like a jet engine, but different.The piston is powered by air pressure which is supplied from a tank of regular air. You can get the tank filled at any dive shop. By pressing the throttle valve you let air to the bottom side of the piston and it in turn compresses the "readily available product, causing heat and gas.

During testing we first decided to design a tow behind, but when one of our test pilots came up looking like the Joker, we decided to change our design to a ride on.

Well that's all for now, next time I will give you a report on the different types and mutations of already known pond scum.

Till later, "Better living through technology"

ID

IG,

You know a month away from you and I had forgotten what a belly laugh felt like! From x-rated dive sites to pond scum--I wonder if that is what King Neptune had in mind when he conceived of this site. I also know now why he forbids photos on the site: he has personal experience with you!

Are you sure you did not go to high school with me? I think you were the other guy that caused teachers to consider becoming janitors... I just outgrew it! You even sucked Dee into your wake!

Have you talked to Dick Cheney about pond scum? That may just be the energy source the nation needs--and, Lord knows, there is a lot of pond scum in Washington.

You know, I remember when this used to be a serious site--one that did not need to be kept from the prying eyes of pre-schoolers. Egad!!!

Joewr

Don, I really could use your "test" divers to get my manuver project off the ground. I can't find a sole anywhere this side of the Mississippi willing to test it. Big bucks at stake!

BTW, when you get all the flies...oops I meant bugs....worked out that scooter, send me a prototype.

ID,

Thank goodness that our masks cover our noses from the "readily available product"!!!! Put this in the same category as "aren't we glad that cows don't fly"....

I've been accused of being a supplier of the fuel on many occasions...hehehe (Sorry,had to go for the obvious)
BTW,does it smell when you operate it?
The one,the only,
Gasman

Greg,

It's hard to tell underwater, but when we surface we always find buzzards circling!

ID

Methane powered scooters AND Warhammer maneuvre testing?? Oh noooooooo.... No wonder the buzzards are circling!

Well - I was just glad to see that it is going to be a "ride on" I would hate to see the gold lame on my suit streaked...

Dane

They could have gone for solid fuel.....

EEEYECH.

For some strange reason, this thread really stinks...

*cough, cough*gag*

But then again, who better than a bunch of divers to know about compressed gasses....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom