A new rig....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScott

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm near the final stages of deciding/buying a doubles setup. I could use some advice/wisdom regarding manifolds and bands....

I'm planning on either PST E8 119 or 130's and an Oxycheq 55 lb wing.

I'm looking for advice on bands and manifold to complete the setup.....

I dive wrecks in the Great Lakes frequently, and AL80's and a pony aren't giving me the piece of mind that doubles would.....

SS

Highland bands.
Thermo, Sea Elite, Halcyon isolation manifold. Get DIN. Be sure you pick the manifold, then buy the bands to match.

I would suggest you get the E8-130s. Better deal all around.

MD

Mech - is there a reason everyone seems to favour the Highland Bands? I've seen them mentioned many times, but are they just a better product than the others, or do they fit everything - whats the scoop?

For the matter of about $20, I will go with the 130's - only 1.5" longer, and about 3lbs heavier than the 119's (according to the spec's I have). I'm already a DIN man on my current setup, so thats not an issue......

Anything else?

SS

ScubaScott once bubbled...
Mech - is there a reason everyone seems to favour the Highland Bands?
SS

Yes :)

They are very high quality and very well made and they keep your tanks secure and in alignment. They also come with bolts instead of all-thread. I would get the 2 1/2" bands for 130s, the 3" would be somewhat overkill, but would still work well.

Just be sure to match the bands to the manifold you decide on. Most will fit a range, but better to be safe than sorry.

What else?..... Current favor seems to be for 300 Bar manifolds so you might want to go that route. Be sure you get the appropriate thread size (3/4") for the new PSTs.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom