A new kind of long stay visa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I got excited for the long stay. 10-14 days in quarantine is a bit of a drag but I live alone, in Canada, in the winter. Will I know the difference? :wink:

I believe there is talk of dropping the quarantine to 10 days for select countries, but so far all proposals to do so have been denied.
Regardless, I've got flight tickets and ASQ hotel booked, a visa appointment at the Thai embassy scheduled for next week, and if nothing goes wrong, I will be spending January, February and a bit of March on Koh Tao. Lanta was my first choice, but from the replies I've got, there's hardly any diving happening over there, so it's gonna be Tao.

I guess I got excited for the long stay. 10-14 days in quarantine is a bit of a drag but I live alone, in Canada, in the winter. Will I know the difference? :wink:
The difference is huge!
At least you are FREE to go anywhere you want, eat anything you want........Not the same if you are under quarantine.
I know which one I prefer!

The difference is huge!
At least you are FREE to go anywhere you want, eat anything you want........Not the same if you are under quarantine.
I know which one I prefer!

Well . . .not right now we aren't. Many new restrictions since the health emergency declaration yesterday.

Regardless, you kind of missed my meaning. Often in winter, I may not go outside for 2 weeks anyway.

Well . . .not right now we aren't. Many new restrictions since the health emergency declaration yesterday.

Regardless, you kind of missed my meaning. Often in winter, I may not go outside for 2 weeks anyway.

Chilly doesn’t like Chilly! Who woulda thunk? :p

You just cannot compare your own home with anywhere with so much restriction.
You may not go out but the choice is in your own hand.

You just cannot compare your own home with anywhere with so much restriction.
You may not go out but the choice is in your own hand.

Meh. I've been working from home since March, hardly venturing outside except to buy food, and I have this habit of eating the same thing for several weeks at a time. Aside from the costs involved, ASQ will probably be an improvement :rofl3: Ask me again in five weeks though; I might be eating crow by then.

Meh. I've been working from home since March, hardly venturing outside except to buy food, and I have this habit of eating the same thing for several weeks at a time. Aside from the costs involved, ASQ will probably be an improvement :rofl3: Ask me again in five weeks though; I might be eating crow by then.

I agree and look forward to your report. I've heard that the first few days aren't too bad but it quickly becomes quite a drag. You'll want to ensure that you've brought along plenty of entertainment in the form 9f movies, books, exercise bands; anything you need to keep yourself comfortable and relaxed.

I don't like a rigid schedule and gather that meals and health/welfare checks are on a time schedule. Somehow I think that will be a bigger irritant to me than being stuck in the room. Hard to know from here.

But gosh, imagine once you get sprung from the quarantine and you can see Thailand as you please without all the tourists!

You'll want to ensure that you've brought along plenty of entertainment in the form 9f movies, books, exercise bands; anything you need to keep yourself comfortable and relaxed.

I'm bringing along my laptop, docking station and desk phone. I have a job that keeps me busy 10-15 hours a day, and I can do it from any place with decent Internet connectivity. If nothing else, being on Thailand time will allow me to perform server maintenance tasks that I would otherwise have to wake up at 3AM for.

Your gonna love the reception here when you get of that plane and need to get to your designated ASQ...
A380CCE6-FE53-4519-AEAA-683CF6801595.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom