A new kind of long stay visa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My country's airlines are giving ticketed passengers covid medical insurance.

The problem remains that there aren't many places open for us to go with or even without, and we still have a 14 day quarantine once we return home.

Not many people with enough job security and burning desire to fly somewhere that is open to us, only to return to 14 days of quarantine. Further, the covid insurance is pretty nice perq but doesn't cure you if you get sick. It'll help pay for your treatment but that could be pretty small compensation if you've become deathly ill in a foreign country.

It's sad. I hope everyone can just hang on. Let this be the one year.

Follow the guidance people, please. Wear your masks, wsh your hands, do the distancing, stay home. Let it be the one year.

If everyone's out fighting the guidance or the government, this thing is going to get worse before it gets better.

Please, if you can't do it for yourself, do it for your other loved ones.

The provider that I normally use for travel insurance has explicit full coverage of COVID related stuff, up to $5 million hospitalization cost abroad. Don't know if the prices have changed, but normally it's about $2 per day of travel.

As an aside, I had World Nomads (Trip Mate) for a couple of international trips, I used their best protection....bottom line, they pleaded COVID and covered nothing. Never again.

Is it still the same? I thought they were changing it up almost every day.

What have you learned please?

Is it still the same? I thought they were changing it up almost every day.

What have you learned please?

Right now STV appears to be a non-starter (there was a story about a flight of Chinese tourists scheduled to arrive to Thailand via this process, and then another story claiming that those tourists never existed and that not a single person has actually applied for STV), but it seems like select Thai embassies are taking applications for regular 60-days tourist visas, albeit with an annoying requirement to show a bank balance of at least 500,000 baht or equivalent in local currency for the past six months, per person applying for the visa. This is in addition to medical insurance requirement, two weeks in quarantine and prepaid accommodations - and you have to have all those arranged, in addition to flight tickets, before applying for the visa. This is limited to a small number of countries - right now I'm only aware of Thai embassies in Helsinki and Canberra accepting these applications.

The whole idea is impractical to most interested party!

The whole idea is impractical to most interested party!

I thought it would suit me fine now that the quarantine hotels are in Bangkok but have now been told that you have to come in on a charter or private jet.

I'm annoyed despite that I'm not ready to go right now anyway. Hopefully, this will change soon.

Back
Top Bottom