A NEW divers view on GUE Fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. I got a Rec pass. I wasn't even expecting that. It's amazing though how much they can teach you in half a dozen dives. Cant wait till I can put it all to good use in Thailand.

Congratulations, OzGriffo!

That is awesome getting such good training early. I wish I could have taken fundamentals after 40 dives many years ago.

Wow, I'm glad Kate linked to this thread, because I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your pass!

How did the diving in Thailand turn out?

Wow, I'm glad Kate linked to this thread, because I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your pass!

How did the diving in Thailand turn out?

I'm glad Kate linked to it yet again so I can say thanks.

Thailand was awesome, while the diving was in not exactly challenging, it was perfect for what I needed - I smashed out 30 dives and basically spend several weeks practicing skills in warm 30C (86F) water. I fell in love with the back kick and modified frog for use when looking around and under stuff and taking photos. And being able to hover AND move mere inches off the bottom without disturbing it should have resulted in some great shots but it appears that I am totally useless when it comes to shooting gopro video.

Unfortunately I came back and got a sinus infection from which i've only just recovered, so in some ways I need to start over again :-(

I'm glad Kate linked to it yet again so I can say thanks.

Thailand was awesome, while the diving was in not exactly challenging, it was perfect for what I needed - I smashed out 30 dives and basically spend several weeks practicing skills in warm 30C (86F) water. I fell in love with the back kick and modified frog for use when looking around and under stuff and taking photos. And being able to hover AND move mere inches off the bottom without disturbing it should have resulted in some great shots but it appears that I am totally useless when it comes to shooting gopro video.

Unfortunately I came back and got a sinus infection from which i've only just recovered, so in some ways I need to start over again :-(

It's hard to "like" your post with the sinus infection part at the end, so... how about, "like" for the part up to you falling in love with being able to hover and move mere inches off the bottom! LOL

Back
Top Bottom