A fungus among us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick follow-up on this, about two months since my initial diagnosis: After taking the oral ketoconazole for two weeks, and some prescription-strength selenium sulfide lotion every other day for the same two weeks, and since then using a cheap Walgreens knock-off of Selsun Blue with 1% selenium sulfide as a body wash about once a week, I have had no sign of the tinea versicolor.

Still unknown if the onset had anything to do with frequent diving, or whether that was just a coincidence. I'll probably never know.

You asked about dive related skin problems. Mine wasn't fungal but I got a really nasty bacterial skin infection after I fell on some fire coral in Bonaire. I almost ended up in the hospital. Hand infections, especially vibrio, can be really difficult!

You asked about dive related skin problems. Mine wasn't fungal but I got a really nasty bacterial skin infection after I fell on some fire coral in Bonaire. I almost ended up in the hospital. Hand infections, especially vibrio, can be really difficult!

This is why I wear some full covering on every dive now. The most serious infections seem to start via a coral scrape or cut. Glad you are OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom