A few pics from Fiji 7-09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We've been back for a week now, and I've had time to go through most of my pics and do the RAW conversion and post the better ones in my Photobucket account. I'll post a few of the decent ones here. For an account of the trip, check the other thread as I've updated it with details.

Welcome to sunny Fiji! Bula Vinaka!
P7060020-01sm.jpg

A Nudi
P7060031-01crop2sm.jpg

The only Lionfish that wasn't hiding deep in a hole!
P7130016-01sm.jpg

Finding Nemo
P7110062-01cropsm.jpg

Closest we got to a shark. Most were shy and far away.
P7140053-01cropsm.jpg

Dja, who works at the resort, checking out a Scorpionfish.
P7060037-01cropsm.jpg

Moray
P7090012-01cropsm.jpg

Hawksbill Turtle
P7070076-01cropsm.jpg

P7070077-01sm.jpg

A few that don't do justice to beautiful varieties of coral and reef life.

P7140038-01sm.jpg

P7120005-01sm.jpg

P7080138-01sm2.jpg

P7060022-01sm.jpg

P7080120-01sm.jpg

P7110064-01sm.jpg

P7130020-01sm.jpg

Sorry to post so many, but it's an amazing place to dive. If you want to see the rest, here's a link to the "Favorites" or you can look through each dive individually in the Fiji 7-09 folder.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Amazing pictures! I hope to dive Fiji one day. :)

Where did you go/stay, etc? If you don't mind me asking.

Also, what camera were you using in this pictures?

Thanks! :)

Bula Larry C! Nice pictures! That first picture of Richard on the dive boat (& scenery in the background) tells me it was at Matava Resort on Kadavu.

Hi Larry,

What's with the full wetsuits? The water should be pretty warm there at the moment!?

Great shots btw! Love the little white tip.

Beautiful Shots! Thanks for Sharing. :wink:

Great shots! I like the "moray" and "finding nemo", like the colors of this last one. Also, thanks for sharing!

Cool pics Larry !! Looks like you had some great diving. Nice to see such healthy looking reef.

Thanks Jeff!
There's a write-up of the trip in my old thread ("2 weeks to Fiji") All pics were taken with my SP-350, YS110X2 and most with my new Inon UWL105AD wide angle lens.

Bula Larry C! Nice pictures! That first picture of Richard on the dive boat (& scenery in the background) tells me it was at Matava Resort on Kadavu.
Bula shawrg! Thanks! It was indeed Matava on Kadavu. We had a great time there.

Very Nice Pictures Larry, I hope you had a very nice trip.

Now I know why I did Not see you in Monterey these last two weekends!
Yep Jim, plus one more with the cold I picked up in Fiji, and this week, I might catch one dive Sat. morning, then I'll be heading straight down to SLO for the annual Elementary PE workshop before heading back to work the following week. Busy month!

Hi Larry,

What's with the full wetsuits? The water should be pretty warm there at the moment!?

Great shots btw! Love the little white tip.

Thanks toefa. Actually, the water was 75f, made cooler by the breezy and drippy surface conditions. The divemasters were whining about being cold after every dive and starting to double up their suits by the end of the week. OTOH, now that we're back in Monterey, we've got 48f. Felt weird going from a 5mil with no hood to my drysuit with 26lb. to hold me down and a 12mil hood to keep my bald head warm!

Cool pics Larry !! Looks like you had some great diving. Nice to see such healthy looking reef.

Thanks Andy. We saw a few bleached spots, but for the most part the reefs were absolutely loving the historically cold water this winter.

Thanks Frank and Anne as well.

Nice! Just got back from there last week (Beqa) and had a great time. Temps for us were 75-77F and a 3-mil full was the most common choice although a couple of hardy souls dived with just a jacket and shorts. Fiji is an amazing place - Bula!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom