A few pics from Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saudio

Contributor
Reaction score
I rarely post here but here are a couple shots from Bonaire from last week.

The visibility was bad all week so I took only close up and Macro shots with a couple exceptions.

Stayed at capt Dons for the first time in years. Overall impression was positive, there were some blemishes but the management of the resort and the dive operation were open for suggestions and anxious to please. I'd give it another go with some assurances of fixes. If you have questions about the resort ask here and I'll reply.

Hope you enjoy.

arrowcrab_9724.jpg

Arrow Crab. Weird dude.

basslet_9771.jpg

crab_9686.jpg

Hairy Clinging Crab on a wreck on a night dive in front of the resort

flower_0158.jpg

Not sure, some kind of anemone

school_0048.jpg

Schooling Grunts on a twilight dive under Salt pier

goby_0359.jpg

Red Lipped Blenny

gobyeyes_9794.jpg

Secretary Blenny, this one is very tiny. Notice the reflection of my two strobes in his eyes. This was the 100mm plus the SubSee 10X diopter

juvidamsel_0030.jpg

Juvenile Spotted Damselfish. Yellow with spots, hiding with a bunch of others in a Yellow Sponge with spots. Hmmm...

juvitrunk_9925.jpg

Juvenile Spotted Trunkfish

oddurchin_9704.jpg

Chocolate Chip sea urchin

goby_0416.jpg

I think this is a Peppermint Goby

pederson_9749.jpg

Pederson Cleaner Shrimp

spottedeel_0068.jpg

Another shot from Salt Pier, a spotted eel hiding in a discarded pipe. If you look close you can see a red cleaner shrimp in the lower right of the pipe waiting for his turn for supper

spottedshrimp_0425.jpg

Spotted Cleaner Shrimp

squirreleye_9915.jpg

I like this shot because it shows the structure of the eye.

tubeanemone_9897.jpg

Tube Anemone, night dive. I added color saturation in PS to this for added impact.

flamingo_9985.jpg

You know.

All pics with Canon 7D, Nauticam housing, Z240 strobes.

---------- Post Merged at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Crap, how do you edit the subject line? I hit the edit button but I can't seem to change my stupid misspelling.

Thanks, mods! and xpect.

great pix, I wonder why the viz is poor now

Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.

We leave Friday night for Capt Don's. I have new stacking macro lens, can't wait to try them. Very nice pics. Did you enter anything in the weekly photo contest?

great pix, I wonder why the viz is poor now

thank you. I don't know what was going on but all week it was ranging from 60 down to 30 or 40 feet. I even had a lot of backscatter in the macro shots. We also had about three dives with significant current, including one shore dive at Capt Dons with very serious current, maybe as much as 2 knots. It was kind of funny because i was down there with my brother and his son and I was just telling them, right before the dive, how you never have current in Bonaire. :) Maybe the two things were related.

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:42 AM ----------

We leave Friday night for Capt Don's. I have new stacking macro lens, can't wait to try them. Very nice pics. Did you enter anything in the weekly photo contest?

Have you used stacked macro lenses before? If not, I can give you a few hints. Yes, I entered a shot in the contest. There were only four entries so I lucked out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom