A few Olympus Tg 4 snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
P2270016_2751_edited-1-1.JPG
P3020010_2785_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
P3020037_2812_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
P3020054_2829_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
PC240031_2590_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
PC240037_2596_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
PC240050_2609_edited-1 (Medium).JPG
PC240093_2547_edited-1 (Medium).JPG

Great photos. I am thinking of getting a TG4 or TG5. I currently have an Intova Edge HD and it does well for video but leaves something to be desired for stills. Yours look awesome.

I was going to get the tg5 but the tg4 with the housing is fine
I also have the omd em5 but use the above more frequently.
Thnx for the compliment

Great photos. I am thinking of getting a TG4 or TG5. I currently have an Intova Edge HD and it does well for video but leaves something to be desired for stills. Yours look awesome.
I, to, am using the TG-4, but mainly as a back-up camera, my main one being the Olympus EPL-5. Having said that, I chose to only use that camera on my recent trip to Cayman Brac (album can be seen in my media section) with a single Ys-D1 and Fantasea video light..

One of the factors you should be considering is the availability of an underwater housing (suitable to your needs) if you plan on taking the camera deeper than 50 ft. In my case, I waited too long before doing so and by the time I did, the Olympus housing had been discontinued.

SeaFrogs (Miekon), Ikelite and Nautical still offer housing for it except the camera internal flash can only be used to trigger an external mounted strobe via optical fiber. With the Olympus housing, the internal flash can be used on its own or trigger external strobe(s) using the adaptor.

Therefore, if you do not foresee purchasing tray and strobe and/or video light and still wish to take pictures in relatively darker environment (deeper, cloudy, night), perhaps you should opt for the TG-5 and acquire the Olympus housing. On the other hand, if you don't plan to dive deeper than 50 ft (using solely the camera) or are considering to eventually acquiring external lighting for it, then both cameras with after market housing should serve you well, the Tg-5 providing you with 4K technology.

I, to, am using the TG-4, but mainly as a back-up camera, my main one being the Olympus EPL-5. Having said that, I chose to only use that camera on my recent trip to Cayman Brac (album can be seen in my media section) with a single Ys-D1 and Fantasea video light...

I would love to see your photos of Brac, can you direct me (or give me a link) to the album?

I would love to see your photos of Brac, can you direct me (or give me a link) to the album?
Kathy, just click on my avatar picture and ALBUMS should be one of the options appearing. Cayman Brac will be one of them. Let me know if it does not work.

@RTee
I may be misreading your post but were your saying that the camera that you used in Cayman Brac was just the TG4 with a strobe right? The photos look great. I've only tried the TG-3 with its own internal strobe and I thought the picture were good, the tg-4 with a strobe (if that's what you had) looks amazing!! I'm currently looking to get away from the sealife stuff I've been using because of the great experience I had with the tg-3 so the TG-5 is currently on the top of my list alongside a slightly more advanced but untried by me so far LX10.

@RTee
I may be misreading your post but were your saying that the camera that you used in Cayman Brac was just the TG4 with a strobe right? .
@ponomo1 , you are right. Only the Tg-4 With a single Ys-D1, mind you, some of the pictures were post edited with Lightroom. Overall very happy with the results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom