A few of my Cozumel Pictures..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyclical

Contributor
Reaction score
Took a few pics while in Coz earlier this week. This was my first time taking underwater pictures.

Need some more practice adjusting strobe strength etc.... any advice is welcome.

here are a few wallpapers... sized at 600x480 (click to view full size 1280x1024)

Your first time? Jeez...I also like #1 and #3, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing photos as you dive the camera more :14:

Nice. Looks like the jack was hanging out with the stingray in hopes of finding goodies. That's my favorite of your group. :)

I'd say you are doing very well. Like buoyancy control the best way to learn is by doing.

O'Malley:
Your first time? Jeez...I also like #1 and #3, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing photos as you dive the camera more :14:
yeah... lol

I had taken a few underwater shots before with my film MX-10 and strobe, but most of those pictures came just "alright". That camera was much smaller and easier to use.

For the camera I used my old Sony DSC-F717 5.1 megapixel
frontview-001.jpg

Specs can be found here...
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscf717.asp

Underwater Housing by a company called 10Bar
Test Pressure - 10 Bar (300 ft.) Housings are individually tested
9887_1.JPG

For strobe.. Epoque ES-150DS Digital slave strobe
977b_1.JPG

I bought the strobe and housing used from a guy in Hawaii about 3 weeks ago.

Some of the daylight pics I took with either a cloudy white balance, or a manually adjusted white balance.

Very nice, Jorge. That fifth shot is terrific. Like the eel, too!

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen a Bar Jack hang out with a ray before.

Where did you get your strobe and cable. Epoque doesn't have a US distributor.

I to am a fan of 5.
If 7 had been head towards you by the same amount as it is heads away then that would have been a fantastic pic. Well there is always next time.

For a firts attempt these are great pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom