a few concerns of mine.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
what are some techniques for improving U/W stamina. I feel like I can only hold my breath for 20 seconds once my heart rate gets up. I have been practicing in the pool alot the past few weeks. But i dont feel improvement. Is it more of a cardio thing or a physical thing that is keeping me from holding my breath very long?

mister_parton:
what are some techniques for improving U/W stamina. I feel like I can only hold my breath for 20 seconds once my heart rate gets up. I have been practicing in the pool alot the past few weeks. But i dont feel improvement. Is it more of a cardio thing or a physical thing that is keeping me from holding my breath very long?

Not to be a pest, but let me answer a question with a question...for what purposes are you trying to get better at holding your breath? In the event of an emergency?

You may want to consider putting this in the freediving fourm....However it is to a point practice etc...

sorry about such a "newb" post. i guess i was just looking for some quick tips. As far as why I want to do this. I guess the reason why I want to be better is just for self- improvement.

We can fix this one right here.

Never hold your breath underwater. Not ever.

Not even if someone tells you to or you think it's a good idea for some reason, or even if you saw someone else do it.

Terry

mister_parton:

Swimming is the best excersie for improving diving stamina. Any cardiovascular exercise will help.

mister_parton:
sorry about such a "newb" post.

Don't apologize. We all were new at one point and we all had to ask questions to gain experience. The only dumb questions are the ones you didn't ask. :wink:

mister_parton:
As far as why I want to do this. I guess the reason why I want to be better is just for self- improvement.

Fair enough. I think an ability to hold your breath can be an important skill and to the extent that it is a proxy for physical fitness, yeah, clearly it's important. I only asked the question initially because holding one's breath during diving can obviously create serious problems...

Lots and lots of sex:)...But never hold your breath...You may explode:)

Web Monkey:
We can fix this one right here.

Never hold your breath underwater. Not ever.

Not even if someone tells you to or you think it's a good idea for some reason, or even if you saw someone else do it.

Terry
Then how in the heck am I supposed to freedive to 150 feet? :D

Back
Top Bottom