A Day Island day ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A little slide show from my Day Island Wall dive on Sunday with Kalvyn (Jimmie) ...

http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/aj2zW7JP

We had a bit of current that took us on a nice, southerly drift of the wall. Current slacked off as we left the wall, and most of our return was at dead slack. We even had a bit of help getting back in.

Tons of mated wolfie pairs on eggs, plus all the usual suspects. Total dive time, 77 minutes, max depth 77 fsw, avg depth 44 fsw.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Very nice, Bob. Thanks for posting. It looks like you've picked up another hobby!
Casey

You're getting positively arty with that camera these days . . . love the octopus pictures.

What's the red gunnel-looking thing? I saw one of those at Owens Beach, and my description of it hasn't convinced anybody that they know what it was.

I'm looking forward, some day, to taking advantage of your eagle eyes somewhere more wildlife-rich than Cove 2 :)

NWGratefulDiver:
We had a bit of current
I don't like working that hard... if I wanted a cardio workout, I'd go to the gym. :05:

I haven't dove Day Island Wall in quite a while. It was really nice to get out there, for sure. The best part of the dive for me was when we came upon the first wolfeel. Bob had his camera held out, and the wolfie came out of his hole thinking Bob was offering food. Once the wolfie realized it wasn't food, he turned around in a huff and went head-first back into his hole. I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna flood my mask!

Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom