A day at school

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Falco

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So I finished my final exam in conception of a single engine aircraft early and decides to take a stroll on the tarmac at school today with a mate of mine. It was a nice day so the second and third year students were out preparing some flights. Here are a few pics that we took.

The CQFA, where I have all my aviation related courses.

The St-Honoré tour, one of seven in Quebec.

A beechcraft C-23 Sundowner, this is what I'm going to start flying in August. The school has fifteen of those.

The C-23 cockpit

A Cessna 185 on amphibious floats, we have two Cessnas and can also put them on skis and tailwheel. This is what the third years that have taken the bush pilot option fly.

A Bell 206 JetRanger III, we also have an older JetRanger II, put it was gone when we were out.

The 206 cockpit, the third years that took the chopper pilot option operate on the 206.

While we aere out looking at the helicopters, we hear a noise coing from the sky to our right ...

A little Hughes 500 came to pay us a visit.

A close up of the bugger, one of the third years got hired by Héli-Inter and is being trained on the Hughes 500.

And finally, last but not least, the Piper PA-31 Navajo.

The students that have chosen Multi-engine IFR as their option get to train on these babies, the CQFA has two of them, each equiped with a weather radar. No prise to whom guesses which option I'm taking :wink:

My office in a year and half !!!

Very cool. Both of those airplanes are quite familiar to me (the Sundowner and the Navajo) as my dad flies both of them. In fact I'm taking flying lessons in a Sundowner.

Why is the deice panel on the copilot's side of the Navajo? Seems like it would be better for the pilot to have the deice than the wiper.

teknitroxdiver:
Very cool. Both of those airplanes are quite familiar to me (the Sundowner and the Navajo) as my dad flies both of them. In fact I'm taking flying lessons in a Sundowner.

Why is the deice panel on the copilot's side of the Navajo? Seems like it would be better for the pilot to have the deice than the wiper.

That is to prevent icing on the windshield, the pilot's windshield has gold wires embedded in the glass to counter that. It's a better system but is more expensive.

Nice pics BTW, does your dad own the aircrafts?

The family business does.

That's cool about the deice wires, I have never heard of that on a smaller plane. So I guess the pilot's windshield is glass instead of plexi?

So I finished my final exam in conception of a single engine aircraft

What does "conception" of a single engine aircraft mean??? I see that you are from Quebec, could it be a French-English translation or ???

When you graduate from this school, do you then go and try to get job with an airline or do you plan on flying freight or charters?

MikeC:
What does "conception" of a single engine aircraft mean??? I see that you are from Quebec, could it be a French-English translation or ???

When you graduate from this school, do you then go and try to get job with an airline or do you plan on flying freight or charters?

It's probably a gallicism on my part. :wink: The course consists in analysing the systems (hydraulic, electric, mechanic, etc) and construction of a single engine aircraft.

Unfortunately I will not be flying for a large airline anytime soon, I will be graduationg with more or less 250 flight hours. The obtions I have are becoming an instructor or working for a small company (charter, forest fire patrol, aerial cartography, etc).

Falco:

Cool! It is interesting to see the school and planes from your point of view. Your enthusiasm comes across in your post.

Bill

teknitroxdiver:
Since you're getting into flying, may I suggest a few forums that are great in regard to flying and job info and tips?

www.jetcareers.com, check out both the articles and the forum
www.flightinfo.com, not as good as JetCareers, IMO, but still pretty good.

Thanks for the sites teknitroxdiver, I'll look into them.

Your welcome Lightning Fish! All the first years at the CQFA can't wait for next semester when we're going to start flying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom