A Complaint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beyond_Diving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doug, I don't know if you guys have any control over your distributors (I am talking about the distributors of Oceanic in Cancun, Mexico - they are the direct factory distributors). I went in today to have my reg serviced, and the dude there for starters doesn't have any tools to service the equipment they sell (did I mention they are the ONLY distributors in Mexico?), and it doesn't seem like he has a clue as to what the function is of the gear they sell (considering that by his own admission, he has never so much as strapped a tank to his back). Then another piece of gear I bought from them 2 weeks ago (My regs I bought in the States before moving here), an Air XS2 malfunctioned and went into a bit of a freeflow while I was doing my IE yesterday, fortunately I had my original inflator hose in the car so i asked permission to go swap out and everything was back to normal, and I took that piece in, the guy says that since he screwed up on the price when I bought it, and he gave it to me too cheap, then he couldnt give me a new one, and that if that is what i wanted, I would have to pay the difference, or he could fix it, but since he doesn't have any tools, then he would have to send it to California to you guys at my expense. Needless to say, i returned it and got my money back. I don't know if there is anything you guys can directly do (since they are an affiliate of Oceanic Worldwide 0 i think the name of the company here is Euronavy), but if there is anything, then I would suggest you have a talk with them because for things like that, Oceanic as a whole will lose costumers. Cheers

erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom