A change of heart, Scubapro D420

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D 4th dive, second tune, zero issues. I officially like it FWIW.

Dove Conshelfs straight after and although can't tell much of a difference cracking, certainly the D delivers noticeably more air.

Put it in mock octo position, (Cracking 1.1-1.2") zero issues. As per, Rob is right on the money.

I'll be keeping it for sure. More money coming your way next week Lex.
I’m glad it’s working out for you Simon, I’m using mine all the time now, very happy with it.

It's a bit funny where we've ended up compared to where we started.
What’s interesting is that SP released them before know how to tune them, I still don’t know why they perform so bad dry when an older D series can easily mimic in water performance in the shop:daydream: but it is what it is, once we let go of old expectations things worked out wonderfully. Now to see how long it holds a tune, I suspect a long time due to the design.:popcorn:

@rsingler what's your expert prediction on how well they'll hold tune?
I think that that odd seat material conforms so well that it should hold tune indefinitely, after an initial drop. I've found repeatedly after playing, that the cracking effort drops 0.1" by the next day, but holds that. And it's hard to get it smoothly as high as 1.6", if for some reason you want it there. The spring is pretty compressed at that point. I suspect that we'll be inventing little 6mm dia. shims to put inside the adjustment screw when these springs start to tire in 20 years. :D
I've been giving my little precision breast pump cracking effort toy a real workout playing with this thing. Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Previously tidied up and sold ones:

843DD7B6-92C9-40FB-87FB-99BC684F7A18.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom