A chance for manufacturers to support ScubaBoard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
I have already talked to a few of you guys, as well as NetDoc, about this idea, and I would like to see how many other gear manufacturers would be interested in jumping on board...

My idea is to help Pete pay the ever growing ScubaBoard bills by simply donating a product for a giveaway. Every month, one manufacturer would donate a prize, which would then be given away to one of the "supporting members" of ScubaBoard. My hope is that, by doing so we encourage more and more people to make a donation to ScubaBoard, and get a "reward" for doing so...

I talked to Zak and Michael at DEMA, so I think that Mares and Apollo are on board, as is Zeagle, of course.

If any of you other manufacturers can offer up a product, please sign up on this thread.

Pete, if you think there is any problem with this, you need to find out if there is any reason that we can't do this, from a legal standpoint....I doubt seriously if it should be an issue.

I would like to open this up worldwide, as during the last contest the Zeagle promoted on scubaBoard, there was quite a few disgruntled foreign members - is that an issue for anyone???

Zeagle will donate a Stiletto BC for the first month this runs....

Who else wants in?? It will only make us all look better in the eyes of ScubaBoard members, and keep the site running strong, which is a win/win situation!!!

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeagle:
My idea is to help Pete pay the ever growing ScubaBoard bills by simply donating a product for a giveaway.

Or you could just buy a paid ad. That puts $$ in Pete's account directly, pretty simple.

I'm not against raffles, or giveaways etc in principle, but I'd rather see contests open to the whole SB membership.

The foreign member winners are only an issue with respect to shipping, hard to know what it cost to send goodies to "Ends of the Earth"

Tobin

Thanks. J - we'll add you to the list!!

Tobin - Pete and I have discussed your points previously, and he understands why I would like to go about it this way...I understand that you are already buying advertisement on SB, so if you aren't interested in this promotion, it is completely understandable.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom