A big hello from Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

penquin

Registered
Reaction score
I am a brand new diver and I have always had problems equalizing my ears. My instructor gave me a few tips like equalize early and often, does anyone have any other tips that might help?

I said hello in your other thread... but I'll say it again.

As for equalizing. Early and often is the best advice. I start at the surface before I even start my descent.

Originally posted by penquin
I am a brand new diver and I have always had problems equalizing my ears. My instructor gave me a few tips like equalize early and often, does anyone have any other tips that might help?

Welcome Aboard! Good To See You! And it can't hurt to have another Canadian to keep Butch, OD and DG in line!

Congratulations on learning to dive.

My biggest piece of advice would also be to equalise early and often (every 1m/3ft). But also if you have missed an equalisation and you feel pressure/pain, don't force an equalisation but ascend until the pressure/pain is relieved then equalise and try again.

Descending in a head up position reduces equalisation problems, as does descending slowly.

I hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom