911 BC - Parts Needed to expand size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbhouse2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

On a recent DUI DOG dive days in Monterey I found my Zeagle 911 BC was a bit too small to accommodate the extra girth of a dry suite. I initially bought the BC for diving in warm water so it fit fine with a 2 mil. wetsuit. I attempted to locate parts through Zeagles' web site and came up empty. My 911 is a large and I would like to purchase whatever parts to make it an XL. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you, JB

How much "too small" is it?

Have you extended the waist panels out on the vest section?

If the shoulder section is too small, you can have any Zeagle dealer order you a new shoulder section. We will need to know how old the BC is, as the shoulders changed in late 2009. The price for a new set of shoulders will be between approx. $70 - $90...depending on if it is the old style or new style.

If the vest is too small (even after the waist panels have been extended) you are looking at a pretty sizable investment, as that is the most expensive part of the entire BC. A new vest section is going to run you somewhere in the $325 ballpark.

Any Zeagle dealer can help you with the purchase, or help you decide what is the best way to go...

Thanks,

Scott

Thank you for the response. The waist has plenty of room but the shoulder straps were maxed out so my weighting in the water was more head down than even. I'll follow up again with my local dealer to order the shoulder straps for a pre 2009 BDC as I purchased the BCD in 2006.

Is it exstended all the way

It's extended all the way and the center of weight is just above my waist causing me to aim head down instead of even. The cheap way to go would be to purchase a weight belt and wear both but I just want a single solution.

Back
Top Bottom