9 Days in Feb - best place to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I will be in Cebu Feb 9-16 staying in Lapu-Lapu city, and diving through Scubaworld cebu. Scubaworld has dive shops in most of the popular resort areas. Traveling internally is not really a problem. Pureto Galera and Anilao are a two hour ride south of Manilla, with a 45 min boatride to Puerto Galera. Cebu; Leyte; Bohol; and so many others are a short plane ride away from Manilla. We generally fly Philippine airlines, and take local, (air-con) busses to places. Malapascua, Moalboa, Alona beach can be reached with a flight from Manilla to Cebu then Bus, or car to two of the sites, with a fast ferry to Tagbilaren for Alona beach.
Ocean Jet
Dive Panglao Island Resort! Philippines Diving Panglao Bohol! Panglao Resort Accommodation! BelleviewRock Diving Resort.
Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone flies
Philippine Airlines
Malapascua Island Diving, Philippines Cebu | Thresher Shark Divers
Scuba World - Scuba World Cebu
Eve's Kiosk Dive Resort - About Moalboal
Ocean Safari Philippines - Moalboal
Expeditionfleet Scuba Diving Liveaboards- Philippines, Palau and Chuuk

And many more!
It apears you have not dived in the Philippines yet, so I'll share an observation I made with you;
WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING!!!

It's so nice to see this topic since I also face the same problem---- where to dive in PI during Chinese New Year?

Originally my first choice is El Nido. There is a small direct flight from Manila to El Nido, however, no availability for the flight seat until early March. (both luxury resort and cheap bungalow can be found at El Nido).

The second choice is Apo Reef via Pandan Island...However, the facility on the Pandan is so simple...Even there is no enough fresh water for bathing ( mix the fresh and salty water).

The third choice is PG and Anilao...And I'm evaluating them now......But I think it's easy to reach both of them from Manila....They should be reserved for next short trip....

Boracay is good for beach, with bad diving and crowded tourists....

Coron sounds good for wreck diving, but with poor visibility.....

I like clear and warm water.....I like to visit remote dive sites with good diving....
I only have 7 days (2/3~2/9) starting from and ending at Manila....

I've been to Dumaguete and Apo Island. Both good.

try sogod bay. few are as remote as that one. or duka bay.

Thanks...It seems the main attraction at this moment for sogod bay is whale shark....with better visibility than Donsol....I will consider this.....I've never seen the whale shark...

yeah... duka bay or camiguin... they're off-the-beaten track diving as far as the philippines is concerned...

you may want to look into General Santos too... no crowd, great diving, dirt-cheap fresh tuna, quiet... it's about 1.5 hours from manila by plane, then 30 minutes to south point divers

Jag

Thanks...It seems the main attraction at this moment for sogod bay is whale shark....with better visibility than Donsol....I will consider this.....I've never seen the whale shark...

try to make sure there is a whale shark trip scheduled when you are there. we didnt get to do that when we were there. there are also more whalesharks reported in donsol than sogod.

yeah... duka bay or camiguin... they're off-the-beaten track diving as far as the philippines is concerned...

you may want to look into General Santos too... no crowd, great diving, dirt-cheap fresh tuna, quiet... it's about 1.5 hours from manila by plane, then 30 minutes to south point divers

Jag

2 dives for 75 dollars with south point divers..... a little bit out of my budget....I'm a backpacker style diver...

Thank you everyone - you are all so helpful! I am trying to decide between a couple of resorts now, and already feel that I will need to go back soon :)

Finally I decide to swim w whale shark at Donsol......I will fly to Legaspi in 2/4 afternoon....I'm wondering should I stay there until 2/8, then take the afternoon flight back to Manila? If I just plan to swim w whale shark, should I bring my heavy dive gear?

I'm thinking to change my mind again....It seems only snorkelling is provided in Donsol. It has been reported that the diving at Manta Bowl is not so good especially when you miss the manta.

So I'm thinking to visit Sogod Bay and spend all my vacation there....However, it is expensive to reach Sogod Bay for a single diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom