9/1 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once again, excellent pics Jim!

I gotta believe holding the camera VERY still, especially when using zoom, is a big key in getting the clarity you do. Something I'm still working on.

Jet

Jetwrench:
Once again, excellent pics Jim!

I gotta believe holding the camera VERY still, especially when using zoom, is a big key in getting the clarity you do. Something I'm still working on.

Jet

Believe me, I get my share of blurred pics.

Gilligan:
Believe me, I get my share of blurred pics.

most of the pics i take are blurred. never attributed this to camera shake, always thought it was something else

Spoon:
most of the pics i take are blurred. never attributed this to camera shake, always thought it was something else

It may also be that the subject is out of focus. Are you using "full auto focus" or "auto focus"?

Full Auto Focus means the lens is constantly "hunting" to focus. It is a lot of wear and tear on the mechanics of the camera as well as not the better way to focus underwater IMO.

Auto Focus requires you to push the shutter half way down to focus then all the way down to take the pic. If the subject moves out of the focus zone before you finish taking the pic then it can possibly be the cause of a blurred photo.

Gilligan:
It may also be that the subject is out of focus. Are you using "full auto focus" or "auto focus"?

Full Auto Focus means the lens is constantly "hunting" to focus. It is a lot of wear and tear on the mechanics of the camera as well as not the better way to focus underwater IMO.

Auto Focus requires you to push the shutter half way down to focus then all the way down to take the pic. If the subject moves out of the focus zone before you finish taking the pic then it can possibly be the cause of a blurred photo.

i guess i was using autofocus mode but also tried using manual focus on my macro shots but the results were the same. almost 98% of my pics were blurred or underexposed. this was my first dive with my new camera. i guess practice makes perfect.:)

also very confused: in my a95 i tried underwater setting, aperture priority AV, and fast shutter mode. which is the best setting for underwater? i noticed when using the av mode most of my pics were blurred but when using the underwater mode they were clearer but not as defined

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom