8 Islands - 4 dives - which ones

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nycdivers

New
Reaction score
Like others posters - we are doing a cruise and hitting 8 islands. We don't want to dive every day so would love some recommendations. We will be going to Curacao, Aruba, Tobago, Barbados, Antigua, St. Maarteen, and St. Thomas. Also both of us are novice divers. Thanks for the help.

If you want to see what St. Martin/Sint Maarten is like, you can check out my blog, we're living here for the year:

Les Fruits de Mer - Extreme Shallow Snorkeling Team

Also, there are a bunch of dive sites listed on the site of the shop that we dive with:

Top Dive Sites | Octopus Diving | Scuba Dive & Snorkel Saint Martin

If you guys are novice divers, I think Octopus Diving might be good for you for a couple reasons. One is that they take a maximum of six divers at any time, so they can give you extra help if you need it (versus shops that take 20 people and you jump in and are on your own). Also, there are plenty of shallow sites around the island that are easy and enjoyable dives. If you have questions, definitely don't hesitate to send me a message.

Thank you for your post. Actually I think we are going to enjoy - the food, the art, and the shopping while at St. Maarten/St. Martin. We decided to dive curacao, aruba, tobago (if it isn't too hard) and st. thomas.

Back
Top Bottom