8 days to spend in either PadangBai or Tulamben...Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah maybe it has changed. With ferries and boats departing around the clock and hundreds if not thousands of people coming through everyday to catch boats I would not call it "sleepy" it is actually the opposite of sleepy. I'm not saying it isn't nice or that I didn't like it. It is just a little busy. Tulamben, now that's sleepy.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions!! I should have mentioned that we are going the first week of June.. I am leaning toward Tulamben (no currents, warmer water :) much better for my wife...don't wantt o lose this one :D ) If I were to think about Nusa Lembongan anyone/where you suggest?

Thanks again!!

Tulamben is great. And as others have said it has a wide variety of dives that will give your wife an easy and exciting introduction to the world below the waves.
We will be there in July for our second visit. We will be staying at Scuba Seraya for the second time too. Very comfortable place to stay and dive (I put up a trip report last year). If you want even more luxury then check out their next door neighbor Villa Markissa.

We stayed outside Padangbai at the Alila Manggis and the extra 10 min ride each way was worth it. The hotel was fabulous and service top notch. Loved that we got back and afternoon tea was always on the beautiful lawn. I think we paid £86 a night? Omg breakfast made it all worth it. :) great spa too. Talk to Cedric at Geko Divers for diving out of Padangbai- he organised some great dives for us.

Back
Top Bottom