8 days around Cebu/Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bredman

Contributor
Reaction score
Having read through some of the posts here, you guys have been very helpful to others seeking guidance, so heres asking for some more.

My girl and I are AOW divers with about 70 dives each and our own stuff. We're looking to come to Cebu or Bohol in early March.

More than anything, this year we would like to see Hammerheads, but swimthroughs and stuff to point a camera at are great too.

So heres the question: what would you do with 6 diving days around Cebu?

first off, you'd be disappointed if you came here for hammerheads. that said, there are several incredible dive destinations in and around cebu. if you like big fish, better to head to malapascua for treshers, mantas and whitetips. heard there are lots of macro there too. an alternative is to got to bohol and dive around balicasag island or cabilao island. balicasag has great all-around diving while cabilao has incredible macros. also reported sightings of hammerheads in cabilao but that's like winning the lottery these days.

i only have 2 diving days in cebu. we'll be diving in hilutungan marine sanctuary and nalusuan island.

2263917851_f656a342d1_o.jpg

but as you can see, there are other dive sites.

enjoi!

jigo's itinerary looks real good... and with bohol and cebu just about 2 hours apart via fast ferry you only lose about 1/2 day total in the transfers from 1 location to another... nice way to see the countryside too

Jag

PS
we're helpful? who woulda thunk it? hahahaha

It appears that the trend in advice is that multiple locations are possible and probably the best solution. Is there a ferry or transport of some sort from the South Part of Cebu across to Alona Beach area?

Again, thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom