8-25 Monterey & Carmel pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Still catching up. I haven't finished processing my Channel Island pics and I already have two more dive weekends behind me. Here are a few from Outer Pinnacles in Carmel, a couple of Moon Jellies off Point Joe, and some shots from Anchor 1 on the deep shale off Del Monte beach.

Carmel Reef Scenes
P8250024-01sm.jpg

P8250012-01sm.jpg

Moon Jellies

P8250047-01cropsm.jpg

P8250044-01sm.jpg

A Siphonophore caught on Kelp

P8250049-01sm.jpg

Some Macros from the shale

Chocolate drizzle flatworm
P8250081-01sm.jpg

Black Eyed Goby with a Cadlina Lutea Marginata
P8250078-01sm.jpg

Diaululu Sandiegensis with a Spanish Shawl
P8250055-01sm.jpg

Just the Spanish Shawl
P8250054-01sm.jpg

Hermissenda Crassicornis

P8250064-01sm.jpg

P8250070-01sm.jpg

P8250062-01sm.jpg

Who's eating who?
P8250059-01sm.jpg

Great Larry!! Terrific photos. That first one is really magnificent, it really shows what cold-water diving is all about. Please hurry up and get your photos posted from the rest of those trips!!! Who is the diver with the moon jelly embedded in his/her abdomen? He/she is wearing my Atomic fins. ++Ken++

nice pics tks, hope to dive in Monterey soon. Lived of Del Monte Beach as a teen. Surfed there but did not dive at the time.

I love the photo of the Diaululu Sandiegensis (yes, I copied that name over! :) ) Great photos - thanks a bunch for sharing.

parabolic:
Great Larry!! Terrific photos. That first one is really magnificent, it really shows what cold-water diving is all about. Please hurry up and get your photos posted from the rest of those trips!!! Who is the diver with the moon jelly embedded in his/her abdomen? He/she is wearing my Atomic fins. ++Ken++

Thanks Ken, Sarita, Marc, Skeeter, Harry.

Ken, that's our friend John who we dive with quite frequently, and excellent photographer.

Sarita, you can just call it a San Diego dorid if you can't spell in Latin. I usually do, but I had Behrens & Hermasillo in my hand, so I used the proper names.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom