8/24 GS shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGonTheWay

Reaction score
The morning started off ominous. i walk out of my bedroom this morning at 4:45 and suddenly the room lights up. Lightning. North and south of me(I live north of elberta). But decide to go through with it. Show up at Bahama Bobs and Thumbsup55 is there with a look of forboding on his face. We all wonder whats going to happen with the storms. Thankfully they are north of us and offshore 20 mi or so. the sun rises(its overcast so it just gets lighter) and we decide to go ahead and run the dive. Three of us. We cast off and go out to where we decide to drop to start looking for the whiskey. well we get down and 5 min into I we see a school of angel fish of some sort and then Thumbs and myself are nailed by jellies. I have it tangled all around my arm and camera. I bust out the dive knife to cut it free and get it off my face, neck, arms, and hands. We surface and regroup. This is pretty much the theme for the next three rounds of looking for the wreck. Oh and we had about 3' vis. Never finding the wreck after several attemps, and all sporting whelps all over us we call it a day. but got to meet my first SB member so theres a plus.

Give Me A Pm Next Time You Go, The Whiskey Is One Of My Favorite Shore Dives.......

I've noticed the jellies getting thicker as well :) I'll be wearing atleast a skin for now on.

If you ever want to dive her during the evening or weekend, shoot me a line, I'll get you to it regardless of visibility. Ask Whitlock, lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom