8-21 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This will be my last post for 4 or 5 weeks.
Typhoon season permitting, I'm off to the Philippines for about a month of diving plus a week in Okinawa.

Fireworm
1.jpg

Snowflake Eel
2.jpg

Frogfish
This critter was all black a few weeks ago.
He changed locations by a few feet.
Guess he changed colors to suit his new spot.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Awesome pics again!!! Love the fireworm pic..know why? I grabbed a wreck once exiting and grabbed one with the whole palm of my hand. Wow did that hurt! Forgot my gloves that dive...doh!

Nice, Gilligan, especially the eel.

As always nice pictures.

Sass, All it did was hurt? You are a lucky boy. Those things can nearly kill you. Walter has a really scary story about a Fireworm (aka Bristleworm).

Gilligan...that is a unique looking frogfish...would you say that is a wound /scar (cut behind head) or just a different species that usual?

Looking again...it has a big sail on it's head instead of the hump...have you asked around about it?

justleesa:
Gilligan...that is a unique looking frogfish...would you say that is a wound /scar (cut behind head) or just a different species that usual?

Looking again...it has a big sail on it's head instead of the hump...have you asked around about it?

Not sure but I am almost positive it is the same one from 7-16 but moved a few feet away. This was it on 7-16 when it was all black:
3.jpg

hmmmm....I don't know what I'm seeing - but it looks like a totally different species to me...the tail is different, the front is sloaped different, the sail instead of the bump....interesting

Back
Top Bottom