7 Foot Hose Clip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ataller

Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone,

I recently purchased my first reg set, no more communal sharing of the loaner regs for me. It is a HOG kit, with a 7 foot hose on the primary second stage. The backup sits with a bungee under my chin.

I have been using the following link as a guide to hose routing. FKD - Single Reg Configuration

I am stumped as to what the clip right before the primary reg is for.

If I clip my reg to a d-ring it keeps it from falling away from me which is great. However, I am confused, if I clip the reg to my shoulder, it sort of defeats the purpose of the 7 foot hose setup. I can no longer easily give my primary to my buddy in an OOA situation. I would have to fumble with the clip first. Is the clip to clip onto my buddy in an OOA situation?

Thanks guys,

Adam

It is used in multiple scenarios. For example if you are OOA and someone donated you his longhose you clip your own so it does not dangle around.
You usually keep it clipped on the surface.
You clip longhose when you are breathing from a stage or a deco bottle.

Good Morning Everyone,

I recently purchased my first reg set, no more communal sharing of the loaner regs for me. It is a HOG kit, with a 7 foot hose on the primary second stage. The backup sits with a bungee under my chin.

I have been using the following link as a guide to hose routing. FKD - Single Reg Configuration

I am stumped as to what the clip right before the primary reg is for.

If I clip my reg to a d-ring it keeps it from falling away from me which is great. However, I am confused, if I clip the reg to my shoulder, it sort of defeats the purpose of the 7 foot hose setup. I can no longer easily give my primary to my buddy in an OOA situation. I would have to fumble with the clip first. Is the clip to clip onto my buddy in an OOA situation?

Thanks guys,

Adam

The clip is for clipping the reg off when you are not using it, before you enter the water and after you get out so that it won't drag on the ground get stepped on ect. A five or seven foot hose seems to have a mind of its own and go wandering all over if it is not secured in some way. When you are ready to enter the water unclip it and arrange it the way you want.

I use an O ring bent around the hose and zip tie it to the snap. If the snap gets snagged on something the O ring breaks.

It is for regulator stowage whether you are on the surface, or using a deco/stage bottle/etc. If you are breathing from your 7ft hose, then it is not clipped off to your d-ring, because yes, that would defeat the purpose. You can use this link for learning how to attach the bolt snap How to tie the perfect boltsnap at Wreck and Cave

"A clip on the hose next to the regulator allows you
to 'park' it on the right shoulder D-ring when not in use. "

Found the answer myself, sorry guys.

Adam

---------- Post added January 1st, 2013 at 11:26 AM ----------

Oops looks like three of you beat me to my own response.

Thank you so much.

Adam

Small point, this configuration isn't just equipment, it is a mentality, you've taken the first steps so keep going and see how the HOG set up works. Hit up YouTube and see all the UTD/DIR/GUE videos. Safe diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom