Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nner Space Explorers for me is hands down the best. I love this guy, taught me so much. Wish I could go to Europe and learn from him.
I thoroughly enjoy his videos as well! Solid

I stopped watching Alec Pierce Scuba years ago. I really did not like his video about adjusting 2nd stages, I do not find it safe for the avg newbie. Then of course his ignorant, then arrogant videos on Long Hoses.

Inner Space Explorers for me is hands down the best. I love this guy, taught me so much. Wish I could go to Europe and learn from him.

Lake Hickory Scuba is another excellent channel. Sadly he took down one of his best video's about a legal action and a diver claiming military experience. Lots of good info there for Indy's.

James site is fine, spoke to him about doing some tech classes, did not get a good vibe, but he does hit his market.

These are the other 2 channels I really like.
International Scuba Divers Club
Global Underwater Explorers

Also, would love to see the guys at AQUI channel grow. I have a 3 days course with them in 2 weeks.
Sorry about my vibe. Could you tell me more?

As a new diver getting into the sport, I've really enjoyed James' Divers Ready channel - for me, your vibe is the perfect blend of enjoyment, honesty and experience. Much the same for Marc's Simply Scuba. Alec Pierce's videos were helpful to learn more about gear before buying my rig. What a great resource to supplement my instructors, friends, and LDS. Thanks for links to the others - I'm going down the list and checking them out.

Is it just me or does James' schtick on Divers Ready get old after a few episodes? I can't quite pin down why. Maybe it's because he's just a little too quick with a pat answer on questions that are not that cut and dried.

I prefer Achim's (ISE) approach. He's just as sure of himself, but he will go through how he came to a conclusion and even discuss where other approaches have merit.

Is it just me or does James' schtick on Divers Ready get old after a few episodes? I can't quite pin down why. Maybe it's because he's just a little too quick with a pat answer on questions that are not that cut and dried.

I prefer Achim's (ISE) approach. He's just as sure of himself, but he will go through how he came to a conclusion and even discuss where other approaches have merit.
I appreciate James' approach. He comes across genuine and knowledgeable, without the over the top, "this is the only way it can be done," attitude that other providers put forth.
In fact, he has stated in many of his videos, that if an instructor tells you, "This is the only way to do it...", that it would probably be best to look elsewhere.
I work in Radiation Protection, at Commercial Nuclear plants, and over the years I have developed certain ways to deal with issues that fall within the required, procedural structure; but are very much my own. And when asked about them, or are working in those situations, I have quick, pat answers and procedures that sometimes rub workers the wrong way. But normally, once those workers have been around me, and realize my reason for doing things the way I do, is years and years of experience, they understand I am looking out for their safety above all else.
That is James. He has been teaching for years and has been around the block and has the scars to prove it, I am sure. Plus, he's English... 😊. So, enjoy his content, knowing that he speaks from decades of experience, and truly wants to help make better and safer divers.

And before anyone brings it up... No, I have not agreed with everything James has ever posted. How can any of use agree with everything? That just doesn't happen. But I have a very high respect for the gentleman and his content.

Divers Ready has literally made me a better diver. I’m not sure any other channels on YouTube have done that. Brand promise achieved. Thank you, James.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom