7 days to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viveksiv

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

Myself and my friend are heading to philipines for 8 days of which we will have 7 days to DIVE. Our current plan
- 3.5 days - APO island to finish our AOW course along with a refresher dive as its been sometime since we did our open water course. 24 to 27 November
- head to Moalboal from APO 27 November reach Moalboal
- Dive in Moalboal on 28 - just the sardine run
- Head to malapascua island on 28th -
- Dive in malapascua on 29 and 30 of November
- Head back to Cebu on Dec 1
- Fly out to manila on Dec 2

Questions:
1. is this acheiveable?
2. Should I choose Bohol instead of malapascua since its more time consuming to get to malapascua from moalboal
3. Should I skip Moalboal ( I am hoping I dont need to bcoz I want to see the sardine run)
4. or is there a better plan that someone can suggest?

You may not want to hear this, but you are trying to pack in way too many places. It takes a fair amount of time to get around and you will kill a day moving between many of these places. You will wind up seeing less, not more. For a week I would generally suggest picking one place. One. Maybe 2 if you really must, depending which ones.

You might want to look into the safari boats that hit a number of spots, you dive and eat on the boat then stay a different place on land at night. Or a liveaboard where you just stay on the boat the entire time. They will cover more territory in a week than you can in ferries, buses, and whatever you patch together, while actually leaving you time to dive.

i am happy to cut down a place if i do so which one should i skip

You may not want to hear this, but you are trying to pack in way too many places. It takes a fair amount of time to get around and you will kill a day moving between many of these places. You will wind up seeing less, not more. For a week I would generally suggest picking one place. One. Maybe 2 if you really must, depending which ones.

You might want to look into the safari boats that hit a number of spots, you dive and eat on the boat then stay a different place on land at night. Or a liveaboard where you just stay on the boat the entire time. They will cover more territory in a week than you can in ferries, buses, and whatever you patch together, while actually leaving you time to dive.

If we are to stick to one place among APO moalboal and Malapascua which one would you recommend.
I am looking for good corals, abundant fishes and critters mostly.. I am ok if we dont see very large fishes.

Hi Good day, Dumaguete Divers is a SCUBA SHOOL . SSI and PADI
Apo Island Dive and snorkel trips
Exceptional macro dive site.
Open water and advance courses
Professional level training
Transfer to and from our Dive cafe
Accommodation for all budgets
FUN DIVES LOCAL AND DAY TRIPS TO WORLD CLASS APO

DUMAGUETE DIVERS AND DAUIN DIVE CAFE
located Bonifacio st. Poblacion District 1
Dauin, 6217,Negros Oriental.
Phone no.09158219429 . email to norabec26@gmail.com
Please check also www.dumaguetedivers.com for more information. Thanks

Questions:
1. is this acheiveable?
2. Should I choose Bohol instead of malapascua since its more time consuming to get to malapascua from moalboal
3. Should I skip Moalboal ( I am hoping I dont need to bcoz I want to see the sardine run)
4. or is there a better plan that someone can suggest?
4. Southern Leyte.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom