7/8" valve / manifold question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Positive... it's my second doubles set... same tanks. I have the 3442, and more then enough to double up, but have been warned by the wife not to touch her tanks :)
PST made some 3500 tanks before the reduced the rated pressure to 3442psi

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2014 at 10:59 AM ----------

So far, from what I have learned these are the following makers of the older 7/8" thread manifolds for 3500psi tanks with 90deg outlet valves for them :
dive rite
thermo
sea elite/halcyon

I can confirm that Thermo no longer makes 7/8" manifolds 8082 Series Dive Rite ONLY lists 200 bar manifolds available, and Sea Elite only shows a 300 bar manifold with 3/4x14 threads. So NONE of the manufacturers you listed make a 7/8" 300 bar manifold.

Positive... it's my second doubles set... same tanks. I have the 3442, and more then enough to double up, but have been warned by the wife not to touch her tanks :)

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2014 at 10:59 AM ----------

So far, from what I have learned these are the following makers of the older 7/8" thread manifolds for 3500psi tanks with 90deg outlet valves for them :
dive rite
thermo
sea elite/halcyon

Have no desire to have these L/R only tanks, so not an option.
Hmm, maybe I (and possibly others) misunderstood your original post.

If you want to 'double up' two cylinders, with a manifold connecting them, then you are going to, by necessity, have a right hand valve, and a left hand valve - when banded together, the valve handles will be oriented outboard (one RH and one LH), and the manifold port openings will be oriented inboard. So, your response doesn't make sense to me. Could you clarify what you are trying to do?

Thermo did make 7/8" valves (LH / RH) with manifold ports for many years but discontinued them some time ago. I still have a set for my 3500 psi PST HP120s. If your cylinders really are 3500 psi (not 3442), and really do accept 7/8" valves, and you really do want to double them up with bands and have a manifold connecting them, I think you are going to have to go with used valves, or fix what you have. But, again, maybe I misunderstand what you are trying to accomplish.
KneeDeep:
Pretty sure, I put them all together with new orings and tried to fill and it was leaking.
Where was the leak occurring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom