7/5 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was at random at 65 feet.

My kayak awaiting my return
1.jpg

Leaf Scorpionfish
2.jpg

Banded Coral Shrimp
Looks as if it is looking up at me?
3.jpg

Penniform Cone
4.jpg

Thanks Jim. I can't wait to get wet again. For sure the 14th assuming weather doesn't blow us out. Going to the keys, I'll take pics and post a few.

Really like the boat shot, Jim. Another nice shrimp. I have a terrible time with those. They're usually tucked into holes here, which makes the lighting difficult. I think also I'm not getting close enough-trying to fit the whole thing in instead of concentrating on the body and what's closest to it. You make it look so easy.

I really enjoy you posting your pictures . . . Each time, it takes me back to my Maui dives. Thank you.

Great shot's as usual. That Leaf Scorpionfish looks just like a bunny rabbit.

Great shots as always :)

I am curious to know which Ocean Kayak model that is though? Do you have a rudder for it? I am about to purchase one. I am looking at the 13.5 with a rudder.

Also what is the Y, float, and then line for at the stern?

Got any above water shots of your kayak ready to be launched? Curious to see what your setup looks like.

Thanks!

Great shots bit that kayak shot really is something. Looks like great conditions.

Very good pics!

Peter_C:
Great shots as always :)

I am curious to know which Ocean Kayak model that is though? Do you have a rudder for it? I am about to purchase one. I am looking at the 13.5 with a rudder.

Also what is the Y, float, and then line for at the stern?

Got any above water shots of your kayak ready to be launched? Curious to see what your setup looks like.

Thanks!

I have an entire section of my website dedicated to kayak diving. There are several photos there.

I am using a Scrambler XT and it does not have a rudder option. Check my website for some warnings on Ocean Kayak products.

The "Y" looking lines on the bow are my anchor line and spool in the water with a second line used to retrieve the anchor line while seated in the kayak. It saves me from having to reach all the way to the tip of the bow to get the anchor line. The retrieval line has a brass ring on it that slides along the main anchor line.

The center line hanging down is 15 feet long, is weighted with a 2 pound dive weight, has a bungee cord on it to serve as a shock cord, and is used to hang my camera from. I attach the camera to it before getting in the water and while doing my 3 minute safety stop so as to have my hands free when I surface. as well as during the safety stop.

The shorter line at the stern is to attach my BCD to before and after the dive since you gear up and down in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom