7-28 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Devil Scorpionfish
1.jpg

Devil Scorpionfish
2.jpg

Snowflake Eel & Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
3.jpg

Snowflake Eel & Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
4.jpg

Nice, Gilligan, especially the eel shots.

I think that I have a new goal in life - become Jim (Gilligan). I wish that I lived somewhere tropical where I could kayak out each day and take such beautiful photos. I guess I better keep working to fund that 401k.

Great photos. That shrimp is nearly as big as the eels head! The sharpness and clarity is great. I'm still learning how to use my Inon macro lense. I'll be hitting everybody up for advice in a separate thread in a few days.

David

AUTiger:
I'm still learning how to use my Inon macro lense. I'll be hitting everybody up for advice in a separate thread in a few days.

David

That Inon UCL-165 takes some getting use to. Not sure I'll ever master it. The depth of field on it is very limited, maybe one half inch to or from the subject. It's difficult underwater to tell if the shot is in focus. You have to get very close with that lens. A large camera monitor would help a lot with that lens.

BTW, I didn't use it on the eel pics.

All very nice, Jim. Love the second shot of the Eel and Shrimp.

Those eel shots are awesome!!! It's weird how the cleaner shrimp ever learned to trust and eel with those big teeth.

Back
Top Bottom