7-15 Monterey Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could very well be right, Swankenstein. Unfortunately, it was so murky down there that I didn't notice I was shooting on "S" priority at standard jpeg instead of on my RAW macro mode until halfway through the dive. This is the best I could do.

Diving7-15-06Shalebeds009pscropsm.jpg

I just love that first shot of the nudi!

Thanks Chantal.

Larry C:
You could very well be right, Swankenstein. Unfortunately, it was so murky down there that I didn't notice I was shooting on "S" priority at standard jpeg instead of on my RAW macro mode until halfway through the dive. This is the best I could do.

Diving7-15-06Shalebeds009pscropsm.jpg

Doesn't really look like a clown nudi:

37129902-M.jpg

Chris

With the magnification, it very well might be some sort of tunicate. In the distance view, it appeared to have orange spots, which is what led me to the clown. From close up they might be holes.

Larry, you might want to check with Dr. Bill & Kelphelper (Debbie Karimoto) on the star in the last pic. It looks like a star that is currently being described by science and has no name yet. They may know people who would be interested to know it's in your neck of the woods.
I could also be smoking crack and be thinking of something totally different.

Nay:
Larry, you might want to check with Dr. Bill & Kelphelper (Debbie Karimoto) on the star in the last pic. It looks like a star that is currently being described by science and has no name yet. They may know people who would be interested to know it's in your neck of the woods.
I could also be smoking crack and be thinking of something totally different.
Looks like a leather star to me. They are all over the place up here. It's kind of cool that we have many of the same species as you guys. We don't have any garibaldis (sp?) though.
obj44geo33pg1p29.jpg

Looks like a Leather (Garlic) Star to me too. Leathery skin pattern, orange color, even the two spots. Don't see too many of those here. I understand they're at home in Puget Sound and that neighborhood.

Yep, totally agree with both of you now. My Invertebrates book just arrived Thursday night, but I was out of town all weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom