67mm to AD or LD adapters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vdbecke

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! My first post here.

I have a Sony Rx100 m3 in a Meikon housing. It has 67mm thread for wet lenses.

I have also a Subsee +5 macro and an Inon UWL-H100 67mm type1.
For obvious reasons I need a bayonete adapter for everything.

I need to adapt the housing and lenses to bayonet for easy exchanche underwater. And buy a double lenses holder too.

I'm figuring that there are two types, LD and AD.
Can you please explain me the differences between them?
And which one is better, considering I can go for any of them.

And if you can suggest me what kind of adapters and what double holder should I buy. Much better!
Cost IS important.

Thanks!
Max

I don't have a problem unscrewing\screwing on my 67mm lens underwater, yes it takes a few more seconds. More adaptors more money for a bit of convenience in my book.

I'm figuring that there are two types, LD and AD.
Actually, there are more than two. The AD series was followed by the 28AD series to help combat vignetting as P&S camera lenses got wider and wider. The LD series is the next step up from the 28AD series and was introduced at the time of Canon's S95 as lenses had not only gotten wider but the size of the front optic and the distance it extended had also increased.

I really doubt what you seek is out there. Inon wide angle lenses are setup to be a very specific (and very exact) distance from the camera's lens and Inon creates different mounts for every specific and different housing to achieve that ideal distance. The probability that there is a mount adapter that would allow you to add any random lens on any random camera housing knowing how precisely lenses need to be located is really not very high. Inon shows a few adapters for its close-up lenses as their placement is not very demanding but nothing for the wide angle lenses. You might check with Reef Photo or Backscatter but I doubt you will find what you seek.

Thanks! Flareside!

I think Ill go to 28LD adapters, Theres some Male and Female ring adaptors for the housing and for the Macro (a bit expensive) and The Inon has also a kit to change the mount with screws.

PD the blog of Interceptor121 is great!

Inon makes three attachment types for lenses. M67 means 67 mm screw thread. AD type and LD type (they are different) so you buy the adapter for the lens type that you have.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom