5mm Gloves for Northeast Recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My 5mm titanium hyperstretch gloves dove their last dive today. "Righty" died a hero's death, giving up the tip of its index finger during a valve drill.

I would wait until next season, but I do have dives planned for the next few weekends (hopefully) so I need a replacement.

I'm trying to decide between the Henderson H2's and the Fourth Element. On the surface, the H2s seem more flexible, like I'll have an easier time manipulating bolt snaps, etc. But the 4th El seem like they may be warmer. And all of that's just on-the-surface... And then there's that annoying problem that the hyperstretch only lasted two years, and frankly after the first year they just weren't that warm anyway...

So, advice anyone?

I bought a pair of Hyperstretch 7mm's early this year but they are already breaking down... the stitching is unraveling and its only a matter of time before they literally fall apart... I am happy with their performance but wish they were put together better.

My 5mm titanium hyperstretch gloves dove their last dive today. "Righty" died a hero's death, giving up the tip of its index finger during a valve drill.

I would wait until next season, but I do have dives planned for the next few weekends (hopefully) so I need a replacement.

I'm trying to decide between the Henderson H2's and the Fourth Element. On the surface, the H2s seem more flexible, like I'll have an easier time manipulating bolt snaps, etc. But the 4th El seem like they may be warmer. And all of that's just on-the-surface... And then there's that annoying problem that the hyperstretch only lasted two years, and frankly after the first year they just weren't that warm anyway...

So, advice anyone?
I have a pair of fourth elements 5mm gloves pretty nice and warm I like how the stitching on them are reinforced and glued.

Back
Top Bottom